Indonesian nitrogen footprint assessment of food sector
- Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in
the world, and it is predicted to be.
- The demand of food in Indonesia is high because Indonesia is populated and agrarian country.
- 86.4% of farmers in Indonesia are using
Synthetic fertilizer (Statistics, 2015).
- The primary food in Indonesia is cereals,
particularly rice (FAO, 2019).
- Indonesian food consumption has been
increasing continuously especially for seafood,
meat, fruit, and vegetable (FAO, 2019).